- What is MorusDB ?
The Morus genome database (MorusDB) is a database for genomic and biological information of the mulberry Morus notabilis C.K. Schneid (Chuansang). MorusDB provides open access to not only the genomic data of mulberry including genome sequences, gene structures and functions, transposable elements, but also the biological transcriptome and EST data.
- How to download MorusDB datasets ?
All genome and transcriptome data of MorusDB can be directly but separatly downloaded from the Downloads page.
- How to use MorusDB ?
MorusDB provides many in-built tools, ports and interfaces for searching some content and conducting kinds of analyzing.
- Search MorusDB content
All posted MorusDB text contents can be searched by the MorusDB Search engine on the top of all pages. For example, you can search all contents related to Chuansang by entering keyword "chuansang" and clicking the Search button.
- Fetch MorusDB data
Users can cut some range of a sequence with given id, start, end and strand, extract one or more sequences with ids, search genes by gene functions or annotations. All these work can be done throng the Fetch Date port on the left side of nearly all webpages.
- Browse mulberry genome
The MorusDB Genome Browser was built from the GMOD GBrowse, by which users can browse the mulberry genome data very detailedly.
- Analysis and tools
- Sequence search and anlignment. A powerful MorusDB BLAST engine was built from NCBI BLAST and AB-BLAST. Users can search and align sequences in a very easy way and get very readable results for further analysis.
- Search Gene Ontology. The Gene Ontology of a sequence can be searched using the Search GO tool with a given sequence or sequence id, or can be fetched from the database using gene IDs.
- Browse Gene Ontology. All mulberry genes were annotated for gene ontology information, from which we built the Mulberry Gene Ontology browser - MulberryGO, providing a bird-eye view on mulberry gene ontologies.
- Find motif. Amino acid and nucleotide motifs can be predicted using FindMotif with given sequences or sequence ids.
- Gene expression analysis. The expression data of Chuansang genes in root, bark, winter bud, male flower and leaf can be browsed and searched from the analysis of Mulberry Transcriptomes.
- Transposable element. Mulberry TEs were classified and can be searched from the Mulberry Transposable Elements analysis.
- Homologs. Mulberry paralogous and orthologous genes in Arabidopsis thaliana, Fragaria vesca, Malus domestica and Populus trichocarp were predicted and clustered into groups, which can be sesearched from the analysis of Mulberry Ortholog and Paralog Groups.
- MorusDB maintainance
The MorusDB was maintained by State Key Laboratory of Silkworm Genome Biology (SKLSGB), Southwest University (SWU), China. We will keep on collecting and adding new mulberry omics and experimental data to MorusDB. We welcome researchers to share their data with MorusDB, as well as suggestions and advices on how to improve MorusDB.